Monday, July 14, 2014

Les femmes de l'atelier du soleil

Our embroidery class now has a name, L'atelier du soleil, which in English means Workshop of the Sun.  This is not traditional embroidery.  It would more aptly be described as embellished embroidery. 


L, literally, has a room of old fabrics.  This is her passion.  Wherever she goes, she likes to collect fabric, especially old fabric.  Here she is, in her glory, surrounded by her fabric.
 


 
 It starts with choosing an assortment of fabrics that you like.



 
 Then, L begins teaching us, in different sessions,  various embroidery stitches-point de gougere, point d'arete, point de feuille, point de gribiche  and French knot.

Different embellishments are added:  beads, ribbons, crochet flowers, etc.





 
Some people are doing purse bags.  One lady is doing a wall hanging.  I am still working on my Carnet Cousou, a covered journal.  What can I say?  I am slow.  Here is my progress so far.
Here there is straight stitching, French knots, a little beading (actually one):


 Beading:
This one shows how much work I have left to do.  :)
It is a lovely group of ladies.  We are learning and laughing in the Workshop of the Sun!  I will have "skills" when I leave Yanbu!

No comments:

Post a Comment