Saturday, August 31, 2013

Editorial cartoons-2

We have been getting some questions as to whether the Syria situation is affecting us.  I guess the answer is not much at this point.  We have received various bulletins updating us on the situation.  People here chat a little bit about it.  The King of Saudi Arabia has been very clear that he thinks that something should be done.  But I always find the editorial cartoons in the Arab News interesting. I have picked some that you might find interesting.  I am not sure who the targeted audience for the Arab News is.  It is in English, but judging by the articles, it may be targeting many of the South Asians living here.  I am not sure if it is for Westerners, even though it is in English.  Many of cartoons relate to the US decision to intervene or not in the Syrian situation.  I tried to find background on the artists.  Miqdad seems to be a Muslim name, but I do not know where he is from.  Stephff is from Bangkok, Thailand.  And I assume that Nazar Basheer is Indian/Pakistani/Bangladeshi?  We will see how the editorial cartoons change if there is an "intervention".




 

No comments:

Post a Comment