Thursday, June 13, 2013

Misc pictures

Today, on the shuttle bus to the mall and grocery store, I thought that I would try to take some pictures. None of them are very good because it is in a fast driving, bumpy shuttle bus, but it will give you a little idea of what it is like here.

The first is a picture I have been trying to take of these cute clamshell and pearl light fixtures. I would have liked to have a close up picture, but I am not sure that will ever happen.


 
 
The following two pictures are amusing.  They are the packages for pool floatables.  Obviously, they are from the west and must have a western woman in a bathing suit.  So, someone has used a black marker to cover up the woman with an abaya and hijab.  The whole stack of packages and all through the row, any picture of a lady is covered up with a "marker" abaya and hijab.  Someone obviously has the job to cover up the ladies.

 
The next pictures are from our favorite grocery store here, Star Market.

 
The next one is what about 1/3 of the drive looks like from the highway to the grocery-desert.  I tried to take pictures of the camels, but I missed them.
 
This is an interesting building.  I don't know what it is.
 
Finally, just to show you what I was talking about in an earlier blog about the many unfinished buildings.  There are tons of these.
That's all for now...

No comments:

Post a Comment